Friday, July 22, 2005

Ontem li: (do meu amigo poeta) II

Rainy Day Like Any Other

Wind and water flowing outside,
Thoughts and pictures through an empty mind,
Myself and I alone tonight.
While every rime I make ends with an “I”…

A concept of modern poetry,
A new concept in quatrains,
Recalling myself of the great before me,
A new concept in an old portrait.

Words becoming verses
Verses becoming stanzas,
Leaving the quarter verse behind.

Seven:

Motion and stillness,
Action and routine,
Sound and silence,
Echoes…

Seven days a week
Twelve months a year,
All years in a lifetime!

Recalling myself of the great before me,
The ones that knew how to write,
The ones that were modern
Without living in these modern times.

I remember the days before the rain,
The moments, the hours and the time long gone,
While I listen to this song,
Of raindrops at my door.

All this and nothing,
Today,
On this rainy day,
Like any other!


N. J. Smith

No comments: